So I setup a benchmark, which can be found here to compare Python datetime, Arrow, Pendulum, Delorean and udatetime on a performance level. I picked 4 typical performance critical operations to measure the speed of those libraries.
- Decode a date-time string
- Encode (serialize) a date-time string
- Instantiate object with current time in UTC
- Instantiate object with current time in local timezone
- Instantiate object from timestamp in UTC
- Instantiate object from timestamp in local timezone
» Simon Pirschel | aboutsimon.com